News: Twenty-Five Things About GUD
Saturday, February 14, 2009
1. If asked whether I'm male or female, I answer "female". I also wonder why anyone asks.
2. My first issue was called Issue 0. This has created lots of headaches for the editors, who keep forgetting that Issue 3 is not the third issue. And so on.
3. I'm created online by editors from the US and the UK.
4. I'm available in both print and .pdf formats direct from GUD.
5. I'm also available as a multi-format eBook from Fictionwise.
6. My first three issues (0-2) are even available for the Kindle.
7. One of the stories in Issue 2 (that's my third issue, for those who aren't paying attention), Painlessness by Kirstin McDermott, won the 2009 Aurealis Award for Best Horror Story.
8. Each of my issues so far has had a different instigator. But I hear it's kaolin's turn again soon.
9. Whenever I visit Debbie, her cat bothers me.
10. kaolin NEVER takes me snowboarding.
11. The cover for Issue 3 can be made into a model Steam Bat. Why not give it a try?
12. At the time of writing, the editors have sent 9,682 responses to would-be contributors.
13. The editors have decided that only 1.9% of submissions are good enough to snuggle between my covers.
14. Sue lays me out every time.
15. Twenty-five is a lot.
16. Issue 5 has had the most submissions.
17. Julia shares me with Michael. Aww, romantic!
18. Sal doesn't come to see me as often as I'd like.
19. Almost every week, I give away a review book to our readers.
20. I have 200 pages.
21. Yes, 200!
22. I only accept submissions via my online form.
23. Library Journal wrote me up recently.
24. If you open an account, I'll give you a FREE .pdf from one of my issues!
25. I'm GUD. And I'm good, too.
6 comments; 4 subscribers
Do you have a comment? Log in or Register; registration is quick, painless, free, and spam-free (unless you ask for it)